Tuesday, March 20, 2012

An Event I look Forward to Twice A Year

This is an event I look forward to. Many times my family and friends gather in my home and watch this broadcast on TV and discuss it.
I like to take notes and write my feelings as I listen, so I can review it later.
A friend of mine, Beverly Vick gave me a "Conference Journal" that I like to bring out for this occasion. General Conference is held twice a year for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. As the years have passed, this journal has become a history of my feelings and highlights from this special event.
The highlight of this event for me is when the prophet and president of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints speaks. There is always a feeling of love and encouragement with his words.
Hearing the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and other spiritual music is always a treat and inspiration too.
If you have ever wondered what the members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints or "Mormons" believe, why not listen in on what their leaders teacher. This is a time when a modern prophet speaks regarding our day, just like Noah and other prophets spoke to their people in their day.
It's open to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment