Tuesday, June 26, 2012

4 Generations Photo

What a blessing to have 4 generations of family at my home yesterday (6-25,2012). My father, Doug Conklin came to my house to visit his posterity. Back row: My son John Nielsen, Me: Laura Conklin Nielsen Holbrook, My daughter-in-law Rachel Nielsen mother of Ruby and Adam, My father: Doug Conklin. Front Row: My grandson, my father's great-grandson Adam Nielsen, My granddaughter, my father's great-granddaughter Ruby Nielsen. Time seemed to stop and love abound at my home with the company of my family. My husband John Holbrook and my father's friend Sharon joined in conversations of family memories. Old hurts and misunderstanding vanished as we realized our family relations are more important than any THING. It was fun, we laughed, I recorded stories my father told on the video camera. Not shown in the photo is my son Abe, who is my father's first grandson. He arrived at our house 30 minutes after my father left on his journey home to Washington state.

No comments:

Post a Comment